Thursday, July 8, 2010

Chef in the making

Gowri is very much interested in cooking and she is the one who manages to get me out of my cozy to try cookies/cakes etc.Before I start about this, I would like to share about My sister - Jayasree who is very good in cooking and manages her cooking blog Kailas Kitchen. Recently she got an opportunity to be part of cookery show for a Malayalam Channel - "Jai Hind" which is expected to be aired soon.

Coming back to the topic, you must have understood now who is the inspiration for Gowri- yes it is my sis. Gowri spents atleast one month of her summer vacation with my sister. She gets opportunity to see different varities of dishes/cookies/cakes etc prepared specially during her visit and has developed some interest in cooking. Gowri not only encourages me to cook but she comes to help me also in the kitchen to pick up things, measure, mix etc.. She understand the recipe and manages to explain to me or her periamma's how to prepare cakes/cookies/French Fries/Pizza.................list goes on.

Most interesting part is sometimes she tell me " I have taught Kunjumani Periamma(this is how she address my sis) how to prepare Burger/French fries etc)...........she manages to say with that much confidence you might believe it :)

Last week, after a long gap, i decided to bake cookies and she was my help in kitchen. Of course I followed the recipe sent out by my sis and online help from her over phone. Here is the eggless cookies recipe if you wish to try after reading this.











Preparation Method :

Maida - 2 cup
Cooking Oil - 1 Cup
Powdered sugar -1 cup
custard powder/corn flour/arrow root - 1/2 cup
baking powder - 3/4 tspn
baking soda- a big pinch
vanilla essence - 1 tspn


Seive the dry ing. together - maida,bak. pwdr, soda
Mix oil and sugar till well blended.
Stir in the dry ing into oil+sugar. add essence. mix well. if stiff add milk
180 C for 35 mts (Adjust according to oven you have)


If using coconut, reduce 1/2 cup maida and use coconut instead and reduce oil.

Shall post in the next Eggless Banana Choclate Cake.

Enjoy trying the cookies. Thank you Gowri for making the lazy goose work !!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

jayasree said...

Cookies have come out well..Wish Gauri maintains her interest in cooking as she grows up too.

Sitha Hari said...

I too wish to have this interest in her to stay as she grows up

Srivalli said...

How sweet!..your daughter is so adorable!