Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Volcanic Eruption %$&@

Don't jump to conclusions from the title before start reading this. I know, you must be guessing that this post is something educational or about the recent volcanic eruption in the Europe region.... No Not At All.. this is about great Gowri's swinging moods & behaviour erupts,which does have a time pattern. You must be guessing, ok go read ahead and I assure you some laugh :)

Gowri sticks to her morning routine, even during holidays. She is an early riser and doesn't sleep beyond 7:00 a.m even during winter. She is up by any time between 6:00 and 6.30 a.m. She finishes brushing and
her bath together before she comes down (we have a duplex and her room is in the upstairs). She spents few minutes praying to God and chants few slokas too. Its then she has her morning coffee or Boost, which ever she feels for the day.

Most of the days, she has it along with me and then it will be most likely coffee. While drinking coffee, she measures the quantity I have in my glass and in hers and ensure it is equal. After completing all this, if some
one reminds her to study, she picks her books and ask either my myself or thatha(my papa) to sit along with her to help in the studies. All this goes smoothly till 9:00 or 10.00 am - precisely the time when her appa leaves to office.

You must have wondered for such a nice girl, where is the title suiting... Volcanic Eruption. Till now you have read about the sleeping volcano. After 10:00 am, the volcano starts heating up and it will erupt any time if any one at home whether it is me, thatha or paati restricting her, from doing anything which is not expected from
her. Mostly she watches TV - cartoons of Shin Chan, Doremon etc.. Once I watched an episode or two along with her and I found the messages from those are more destructive rather than some morals. Since then, I have locked the channel. So now, she get to watch only Pogo & Disney. It is also going to be locked since she is getting more addicted to TV.

I start to office at around 3:00 pm and I try to engage her in reading story books, playing etc till then. She will come along if she has interest. At any time, if she is pulled out of whatver she was doing ignoring our warnings that she better stop, then the Volcano erupts. We all loose our temper, except my mother, who will stand by her. At times, my mom too loose her cool and there will be no one to support her. Then she will calm down after crying and pouring out all her feelings.

Last Friday, since she was very mischievous on Thursday, the report list was given to her dad,Rajuppa, in the morning infront of her. That day, volcano was so silent. It was quiet, surprising all of us. Till afternoon, no noise at home, everything cool. We all try our level best in different ways and tactics to ensure Volcano does not erupts.

Let's see how long we are successful, may be till the age she is matured enough for a greater level of understanding.

2 comments:

jayasree said...

I can't wait to see the day when Gauri will read and comment on this.

Sitha Hari said...

I am also desperately waiting for that day when Gauri start reading all this and understand the extent she has troubled all of us and hope if she has some positive change :)