Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer Heat and Volcanic Heat....

As mentioned in the last post, volcano erupts heat and sometimes cools down quickly - the ups & downs are continuing. We all are troubled by the scorching summer heat which too continues at 42/43 degree cel. Gowri is still continuing her enjoying vacations which is till 4th July, the last week before she resumes school. Just got to know today that her vacations are extended till 6th July .. two more days for masti.

Gowri is getting more addicted to TV and our repeated saying of "Don't watch too much of TV" falls on deaf ears. The only option left at my end was to disconnect the cable without her knowledge. I have been successful with this arrangement for the past four days.Being very shrewd at these things, somehow she has taken my story that some maintenance work is going and cable will be available from evening only. No TV and still she manages to skip studies unless insisted.
This has been the routine for the last 10 days. I go for driving class for half an hour at 10:00 AM and she joins me for my class. We will be back home by 10.45 AM. Around 11 :00 - 11 : 15 have lunch and then we both play Scrabble verbally, reading out stories. Her vocabulary has increased tremendously! Yesterday when we were playing she had to say a word starting from "D".. She answered " Dominoz " - yes she is very
crazy for Pizza's and when ever she knows its going to be Pizza fordinner, she ensures to polish off atleast 3 pieces of it.
Got her a new Story book today, since she was bored of hearing the same stories. Today, spent few hours reading them. I took a small nap and by that time it was 2:00 pm, time for me to get ready to office. While sleeping also, I get up frequently in between to check whether Gowri is not busy doing any new mischeifs.

Hope to get Gowri's addiction to TV reduced by involving her in different activities. Let me try how many days I am successful in this. :) . I can't imagine that day when Gauri starts reading all this.............

Next one is going to be the 25th Post and hope to get it posted sooon, before my laziness or work catch  me :)

No comments: